Picking Outstanding Opinion Essay Topics For 8th Graders
A Brief on Essay Writing
We all face a blank mind when it comes to essay writing, especially during our school days. While writing essays isn’t an easy task, choosing the perfect topic for the students isn’t a simple task either. Writing calls for realistic topics, that require a though knowledge about the subject and a simple yet elegant style of writing to match the contemporary style of thinking. Refresh your mind about writing with these basic steps:
- Make sure your topic is an authentic one and is in fact, a question raised by people.
- Make sure you research on the topic you intend to write on.
- Introductions can always be added at the final stage, so start with the body of your content. It helps when you know where you are headed.
- Once you have covered your topic, summarize your points while concluding.
- Don’t forget to proofread your write up at least twice.
- Make a final draft of your write up.
Opinion Essay Writing
An opinion Essay is a style of formal writing, which involves giving your viewpoints on a topic stating your viewpoints clearly. All the theories and viewpoints you provide are supported by your reasons, convincing the reader into believing your words.
While you may state your view on the topic, it is also vital that you include the opposing opinion in a separate paragraph, allowing the readers to ponder on their own options on the subject. An Opinion Essay maintains the following points:
- A strong preface highlighting and establishing your view on the topic.
- A layered body, focusing on individual aspects of your opinion in different paragraphs.
- And finally an epilogue, restating your points under different terms, once again summarizing all your points.
Choosing the Perfect Opinion Topic
Below mentioned are a few of the best topics you may choose for an opinion piece:
- Effect of various Social Media and Social Circles on the Teen Life.
- How Technology has changed the life of kids from 90’s to ‘Now’.
- Given a chance, what changes could students bring about in School Regulations
- How can we lend a hand in eradicating global pollution and adopting recycled material?
- While these topics can be used for various grades, the level of understanding from the students and their voice will be empowered by the umpteen opinion essays that they will willingly supply.